playful

Monday, April 4, 2011

Teething: When Baby Bites the Breast

My little one is about 3 1/2 months old now and I fear that he is not only teething but possibly has a tiny tooth popping through. This has made me very interested in how breastfeeding will change, if at all, once my baby has teeth. I found this article at Kellymom.com on breastfeeding once baby has teeth and I found it helpful.

You can read the full article HERE.

These are some tips on PREVENTING BITING.

And this is some advice on what to do if baby does bite you. I was told by a lactation consultant that if baby bites you while at the breast you should gentle press him/her into your breast. By doing this you will occlude his/her airway and he/she will let go to breathe. I tried this the other day and it worked very well. Colin looked a little surprised but he let go and then happily latched back on and continued to nurse without biting me. Much better!

Good luck! Hopefully you will not have this problem.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.mother-2-mother.com/momsicles.htm

    Some variations on the breast milk popsicles!

    ReplyDelete