playful

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Baby Wearing - GREAT INFO!!!

I just found this awesome website by a really neat lady named Kristi and it has TONS of great info on baby wearing.

She shares tips, tricks, and safety info. She also tells you which carriers are great and which ones should be avoided (like the plague!) and she gives good reviews. I seriously can't say enough great things about this website. Go check it out for yourself!

http://betterbabywearing.blogspot.com/2010/03/babyweaing-overload.html

I also learned quite a bit about wearing baby safely. Not all carriers are designed well and may be harmful to baby's spine. I had no idea...

Here is some more info on that: http://www.sleepywrap.com/2008/11/ha...t-in-carriers/

And here is more on baby wearing safety for baby: http://www.continuum-concept.org/rea...nalStress.html

From the blog post (at the top) I learned that the Infantino and Bjorn brands have a narrow seat that puts baby in an unsafe position and is not good for their little developing spine. I obviously didn't know that and used an infantino when Colin was just a newbie...


(I think he was about 3 weeks in this picture)

I also have the Moby Wrap, which is a safe wrap style carrier that is great for use with tiny newborns, from 8 to 35 lbs

(This is Colin at 5 weeks in the Moby - He loved it and would usually fall asleep in it! He still loves it, even now!)

(This is Colin in the Moby, under my coat, at 3.5 months)

Oh, and be careful about buying baby carriers that are "homemade" or from ETSY shops/Ebay. I'm not trying to say anything bad about ETSY - I love it and have found lots of great things there - you just have to be careful about buying something that will be holding your baby... it needs to be made REALLY well and there are safety designs that not all makers follow. Just FYI.

Good luck and happy baby wearing!!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you found my blog (Better Babywearing) helpful! I have gotten several hits from your link! But my name is Mandy, not Kristi. :)

    ReplyDelete