playful

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Which Baby Products Are Safe?

I was talking to a friend of mine, who is a nurse and she mentioned that I shouldn't put sunscreen on my baby till he is at least 6 months. Weird. "Why?", I asked. She said that there are chemicals that could be irritating to the baby's skin, or even be dangerous... That got me thinking. What exactly is in the baby products that I use?

I found this website that lists products (I've been able to find everything we use) and you can search them to see if the products you use are considered safe, have lower levels of chemicals and other carcinogenic properties, allergens, etc.

HERE is the link.

I don't mean to cause unnecessary concern, but I like the quote by Maya Angelou "Now that I know better, I do better". I'm using up the products that I have, but once they are gone, I'll probably be more selective about certain things I get for Colin, like his body wash/shampoo, lotions, bug spray, etc... If I can limit the harmful substances that he comes in contact with, I try to. Just passing along the info - hope it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment